Thursday, September 3, 2009

Friends and church

Ricky and I spent two years at a church plant that closed at the beginning of 2009. Since then we have been back at grace and I have truly realized how much I had missed the community we had there. I think I had always considered myself to be "Ricky's wife" and instead of capitalizing on new relationhips, had kind of slunk off in a little corner feeling socially sorry for myself or just not thinking about other people at all because big groups intimidate me. But, over the last two years, I stayed involved with our small group from grace which sort of morphed into one of the neatest community groups I've experienced in a long time and I had to go alone because Ricky always worked nights. This forced me to develop my own identity within the group and I have really grown to love all my new friends as well as the social dynamic they have brought to our lives.

Ricky has been able to come for the last month or two so now he is developping friendships too...which we all know takes ricky like 5 minutes. Takes me 2 years...takes him 5 minutes...ahhhh, gotta love it!

Anyways, I don't have a lot of pictures but I do have fun memories and a very refreshed spirit so i'd like to propose a toast to our small group! What wonderful comaraderie we have experienced these past few years! Here, here!

Anyways, on this vein, we've been very busy with stuff the past few weeks. But not the kind of stuff you do and then forget about, desperately trying to remember where your weekend went. The kind of stuff you remember, because it matters, like youth group bible study and birthday parties, walks with parents planning meetings, senior yearbook pictures. Good stuff...and here's to a couple more weeks of really good busy-ness!
--post from my iPhone

No comments: